Tuesday, October 12, 2010

La Croissanterie Figaro (Outremont,QC)

5200 Rue Hutchison
Outremont, Québec
514.278.6567
website

Before we left Montréal, my boyfriend A and I met up my university friend C and her boyfriend R for lunch. We went to La Croissanterie Figaro, based on a recommendation of A's friend (the same friend who had recommended Rumi, just across the street). We were a bit worried that we'd have to wait in line on a glorious Saturday morning but we got a table right away, though the restaurant was quite busy.

La Croissanterie Figaro

We got to sit outside under a red umbrella, which tinged my pictures with a red hue. I don't quite remember what we ordered and unfortunately, the menu is not online. I will try to go from memory. R ordered a puff pastry stuffed with rapini and feta (I think). A ordered a roasted vegetable sandwich.

Rapini Puff Pastry Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Rapini puff pastry and roasted vegetable sandwich.

Both C and I ordered the Spécial Bonjour ($7.95) which consisted of an orange juice and a café au lait, and a croisant topped with ham, eggs and melted cheese. My croissant was quite good and the brunch special was very filling.

Café au Lait & OJ Egg Croissant
Le Spécial Bonjour.

La Croissanterie Figaro is the perfect spot to catch up with friends over brunch. It was especially nice to be able to sit outside. It's in a very quaint area, near an Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood and we could watch families walking to the synagogue.

La Croissanterie on Urbanspoon