Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hogtown Bar & Grille (Pearson Airport)

Toronto Pearson International Airport, Terminal 1

On my way to Edmonton for work, I had quite the eventful morning. Half an hour before my flight, I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had to get off the plane, drive back home 45 minutes away (to not find my wallet) and drive back to the airport for a later flight. So by the time I went through security for a second time, I was really famished, having not eaten all day.

IMG_9891

Unfortunately, when I'm stressed, my appetite gets totally sapped. I figured I should eat since food is no longer available on flights. I walked around the terminal, trying to find something quick so I would have time to eat. I encountered Hogtown Bar & Grille. Having given up meat for Lent, I decided to just order fries. Right after I ordered, I heard another customer's order being called out. "Garden burger." So I asked to change my order to a garden burger; the menu was really hard to read and navigate so I didn't realize they had a vegetarian option.

IMG_9886

The food was good but nothing to write home about. I like that the fries were also seasoned with pepper. They were nice and crispy. The garden burger actually looked much more appetizing than most brown-coloured veggie burger. It had an orange hue and was speckled with vegetables like peas and pickled peppers (a great addition I thought).

IMG_9890
Garden Burger.

My distressed stomach could not eat all of the fries but I was able to somewhat finish the burger. The good news: my wallet was found later in the airport parking lot. What a relief!

1 comment:

Gastronomer said...

If that was America, your wallet would've been gone for good ;-) Canadians are so civilized or rather, civilised!