Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Greek Salad

After having spent over a week with my mom and eating everything under the sun (it felt anyway...), I was ready to just eat simple dishes. One of my favourite ways to have a light meal is eating a salad. I really enjoy a Greek salad because I eat a bunch of fresh vegetables and I like the salty ingredients, feta and olives!



Greek Salad
I like making a dressing with balsamic vinegar because it adds a bit of sweetness. Pardon that I do not have exact quantities; I just taste as I go along. Don't use too much salt because of the aforementioned salty ingredients!

For the dressing
* balsamic vinegar
* olive oil
* salt
* pepper
* oregano

Mix everything together.

For the salad
* tomatoes, sliced
* red pepper, cut into chunks
* red onion, thinly sliced
* cucumbers, cut into large half-circles
* black olives, halved
* feta cheese, cubed

Combine everything.
Top with dressing.
Tada!

3 comments:

Gastronomer said...

Looks like the produce in Canada doesn't suffer from frigid temps. Your salad looks very fresh!!

Miss.Adventure said...

It's called hothouse cucumbers and imported peppers!

Gastronomer said...

Ah ha! Not very earth friendly, Nina... Tsk tsk.